The cost of being treated by a Doctor of Chiropractic or a Physiotherapist is considered very reasonable when compared to other health professionals’ fees. Fees depend on the patient (discounts for seniors, students, children, and those in financial distress) and on the condition being treated. Fees should be discussed with the receptionist upon arrival in the office or by telephone in advance.
- Your first visit: Consultation with the doctor, initial examination, and first treatment: $50-$120 (usually $100.00 for most conditions)
- Each subsequent chiropractic treatment: $32- $42
- Each subsequent physiotherapy treatment: $67
- Extended chiropractic treatment: $65 (in certain rare cases where extra, prolonged treatment is required on each visit)
- Re-exam: $20- $60 (required when an existing patient hasn’t been to the office in a long time)
- Acupuncture: $57
- Custom Orthotic Devices: $475 (usually)
- Custom Orthotic Devices with shoes: $600- $650 (usually)
- X-rays, MRI, CT: X-rays can be arranged free of charge through the general medical practitioner, or the patient may be sent to a local x-ray facility directly from our office (no M.D. visit necessary)and a small fee will be charged depending on the type of x-ray (usually $20). MRI and CT scans (for the spine and/or extremities only) are arranged through our contacts in Buffalo, N.Y.. The facility in Buffalo will bill you directly. (approx. $465 U.S. for MRI, and $310 U.S. for CT)
Method of Payment We accept cash, personal cheque (with proper identification), debit card, MasterCard and Visa.
Insurance Most private insurance pays for chiropractic care, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and orthotics. Some plans pay 100% of these fees. Some pay only a portion of the fees. Please check with your plan administrator before your first visit to our office. We do not bill the insurance company directly except in cases where it is W.S.I.B. or motor vehicle injury (see below). You can get a receipt from our receptionist and submit this to your insurance company for reimbursement.
W.S.I.B. We are fully registered with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (W.S.I.B.). If your injury is a result of a workplace incident and it is a recent injury that you reported, you will be covered for your chiropractic care. All of your fees will be directly billed to the W.S.I.B. and you will not be charged anything. All forms and documentation (initial reports, functional abilities forms, back to work letter, etc.) will be completed by our office staff.
Car Accident Injuries If your injuries resulted from a motor vehicle accident all of your fees (until your insurance maximum is reached) will be billed directly to your insurance company. It doesn’t matter if you were the driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian. It doesn’t matter if you were found at fault, or if you were an innocent “victim”. If you don’t have an insurance company there is a provision in the law to have another company pay for your therapy. We are knowledgeable in this field and will assist you through the “red tape” to make sure that you get the therapy you need without having to pay for it yourself. You do not need to see a lawyer. We have all the forms and are well versed in the proper procedures involved in claiming benefits after your motor vehicle accident. You do not need to pay us first and then wait to be paid back from your insurance company. We will bill your insurance company directly and there will never be a fee charged to you. Most clinics will make you pay for your treatments up front, and then you must wait for repayment from your insurance company. Our clinic is licensed by the FSCO (Financial services commission of Ontario) and are therefore legally permitted to bill your insurance company directly. Because of this FSCO license you will not ever have to pay for your treatments for motor vehicle accident injuries. Many clinics don’t have this license, so make sure you ask about this before you choose a clinic!